Sublime at TheArtGallery


Let me make this known right here: I love doing field work. 

In my line of work, field is made up mostly of government and client offices, in and out of the city. It can be exhausting sometimes, but the chance to connect with new people and free myself from the confines of the office are some of the perks of the job. Once in a while you also get the opportunity to witness creativity. I have been visiting a government office at Intramuros for a client and seeing the old structures there somehow relieves the weariness after finishing and filing a protest. 

Last week, I had to drop by the Tariff Commission for a customs advisory engagement. The office is located at the fifth floor of Philippines Heart Center's Medical Arts Building. I found out that there is an art exhibit going on at the lobby. Don't you just love the play of words in the gallery's name? Most of the works in the exhibit are pen-and-ink drawings of historical churches in the country and paintings of Philippine flora. 


“I have partiality for artists like Noel P. Bueza who draw their subjects and technical resources from places (home towns / work base, like the Lucban of Noel) distanced from the center – or what we Filipinos call center, the Manila art scene…” wrote art historian Santiago Albano Pilar on the exhibit invitation. 

You have until December 1, Saturday, to visit the exhibit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment