A second childhood



Blessings are good for sharing once in a while. Maybe a lot of you know how people in my field rarely get enough time to unwind. And sometimes I do share this blessing called free time.

Last Saturday, I went to the Museo Pambata to volunteer with two of my gorgeous friends, R & Y. Get that, volunteer friends = hot. We filled out a sign-up sheet and we'll be on-call for the Museo's next storytelling sessions and workshops, whenever our schedules are free. Next weekend, we will be riding the mobile library to meet beneficiaries in Tayuman. That will take less than three hours of our free time and I'm sure those will be hours well spent.

Why Museo Pambata? I chose to volunteer for the Museo mainly because I want to help provide more creative learning venues for children. And partly because we adults are generally hopeless. Haha. The Museo also conducts workshops on children's rights and I hope to expand and share my knowledge in this field. I also hope to be able to integrate some of the Museo's concepts into the libraries and projects of KaEskwela, Inc., a non-profit organization I volunteer for, which is focused on public schools.

Here are some of the photos we took during our tour of the Museo:

The kids' library

Satellite piece 

Windmill

Bayanihan Dance Company performs tinikling

If you would like to join us, please call Charlot Cachuela at and let her know when you can drop by at the Museong Pambata. It is located at Roxas Boulevard (beside the United States Embassy) and open everyday, except on Mondays. You may visit their website for more information.

This is another item off The Improbable List. I hope to see you guys at the Museo.

No comments:

Post a Comment